Today we are
TIRED. There was a storm overnight, so
we had a three year old in our bed. A
baby that didn’t want to sleep after 3 am, and an 8-year-old type 1 diabetic
that got sick in the middle of the night because her blood sugar spiked and she
had ketones.
This morning
I did not want to be up, but we had a lot to do. As the mother of five, and what will likely
be two kids who require some sort of special care, it seems that we are always
hopping from one place to another. Our
oldest daughter left this morning for 4H camp, so we were scrambling trying to
get everyone out the door and from there we had to head straight to swim
lessons!
I kept
thinking today how tired I am and how badly I want to lie down, fall asleep,
and wake up when I am ready, not when someone else is screaming or demanding my
attention. I kept finding myself looking
forward to bedtime, when the house is quiet and all the kids are asleep, and I
can rest and wondering if I will make it till then.
That’s when
I realized that each and every time that I have felt like I have reached the
end of my patience God gives me just enough to make it through. When I feel I am just too tired to calm a
fussy baby, get Dani a snack, or just give a hug to Jessi because she needs it,
He has given me just enough to make it through that moment. He gives me the calm I need to love on my
baby, and the strength I need to get up one more time.
I am so
thankful that God gave me these kids and that He continues to supply me with everything
I need so that I can love on them and be the mom that they need.
No comments:
Post a Comment